Saturday, December 3, 2011

11 Children's Movies With Political Agendas? You Betcha, Say Conservatives

After allegations of an extramarital affair and sexual harassment charges, Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain announced Saturday that he was suspending his bid for the White House.our editor recommendsHerman Cain Cancels Private Dinner With Media A-Listers Including Barbara Walters, Matt Lauer (Report)Herman Cain Hits Cable News Rounds as Woman Alleges 13-Year Affair (Video)Jon Stewart Compares Herman Cain to Buffering Computer on 'Daily Show' (Video)Clint Eastwood Praises Herman Cain and Chris ChristieHerman Cain's Accusers Might Join ForcesHerman Cain Faces Reporters on Live TV and Agrees to Lie Detector Test (Video) "Becoming president was Plan A. Before you get discouraged, today I want to describe Plan B," Cain said. "As of today, with a lot of prayer and soul searching, I am suspending my presidential campaign because of the continued distraction, the continued hurt caused on me and my family, not because I'm not a fighter." PHOTOS: 10 Hollywood Players That Will Make a Difference in 2012 Elections Cain said later that other factors played roles in the decision to stop the campaign, including the pressures of finding funding to remain competitive with his fellow Republican hopefuls. In a passionate speech to supporters that introduced a "Plan B," Cain also addressed the various allegations that have clouded his presidential campaign, calling them "unproven" and partially blaming the media for their role. "That spin hurts. It hurts my wife, it hurts my family, it hurts me and it hurts the American people because you are being denied solutions to our problems," Cain said during the event, which prompted "Herman" chants from the crowd. PHOTOS: Democrats and Republicans' Favorite Movies He continued: "My wife, my family and I, we know that those false and unproven allegations are untrue so one of the first declarations that I want to make to you today is that I am at peace with my god. I am at peace with my wife and she is at peace with me." Cain didn't hold back when addressing the media. "The pundits would like for me to shut up, drop out and go away but as my grandmother who lived to be 104 years old used to say, 'When somebody was dead wrong, bless their little hearts,' " he said. I am not going to be silenced and I am not going away." Plan B, as he called it, is a new website: TheCainSolution.com. "The people will choose, not the media, not the politicians," he said, adding that the people will show that they are still in charge. "I am disappointed that it came to this point, that we had to make this decision [to drop out]," Cain said. His original intent was to "change Washington D.C. from the inside. Plan B is that we're going to have to change it from the outside. It'll take a little longer and we'll have to work a little harder." Cain revealed near the end of his speech that he would be making an endorsement "in the near future." "I can tell you right now, it will not be the current occupant of the White House," he said. PHOTO GALLERY: View Gallery Box Office Politics: The Movies and Stars Dems vs. GOPers Love (and Love to Hate) Related Topics Politics Herman Cain

No comments:

Post a Comment