Friday, September 16, 2011

Brad Pitt Backtracks on 'Moneyball' Press Gaffe About Jennifer Aniston

Brad Pitt is backtracking from recent comments he made about his ex-wife, Jennifer Aniston, and their marriage.our editor recommendsToronto 2011: Brad Pitt on Winning in an Unfair Game'World War Z': Brad Pitt to Begin Filming in GlasgowAngelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Donate $2 Million To Namibian Wildlife SanctuaryJennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Rent House in Beverly Hills (Photos) In an interview with Parade magazine, Pitt -- who next stars in Moneyball, which recently premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival -- seemed to criticize Aniston, to whom he was married from 2000-05. PHOTOS: Toronto Film Festival: 13 Films to Know "I spent the '90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony," he said. "I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic. It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage [to Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't." FILM REVIEW: 'Moneyball' The quotes received a great deal of media attention after they were posted on Parade's website Thursday. Later in the day, Pitt issued a statement to The Hollywood Reporter through his reps at CAA in which he clarified what he was trying to say and praised Aniston. PHOTOS: 15 Movies That Made The Grade: A+ CinemaScore Posse "It grieves me that this was interpreted this way," he said. "Jen is an incredibly giving, loving and hilarious woman who remains my friend. It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself -- and that, I am responsible for." Pitt has largely remained silent about Aniston and their marriage since they got divorced six years ago. However, he did raise eyebrows when he posed with Jolie for a family-themed shoot in the July 2005 issue of W magazine, not long after his split with Aniston. STORY: Angelina Jolie Wears $15,000 Handcuff Bag to 'Moneyball' Premiere After the magazine came out, Aniston remarked that he was missing a "sensitivity chip." Pitt -- who has six children with Angelina Jolie -- is on the promotional tour for Moneyball, which opens Sept. 23. In the movie, which Steven Zaillian adapted from Michael Lewis' best-selling book, Pitt plays Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane, a role that is earning him Oscar buzz. ANALYSIS: Why Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt Are the Frontrunners in Oscar's Best Actor Race Aniston is currently dating Justin Theroux, who co-stars with her in the upcoming movie Wanderlust. Related Topics Angelina Jolie Brad Pitt Jennifer Aniston

No comments:

Post a Comment